Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 7

Friday - Feb 5th

The morning started with another trip down to Hell's Dining Room. It was worse today, than it's been in the past. Maybe because we woke later? It seems that if you head down there at 9am rather than 8am, it is a different crowd.

After scoring some coffee (no food this morning), we took off for Hollywood Studios. Hungry when we arrived, which was noonish, we were able to obtain a walk-up reservation for Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. I had eaten here during my first trip with my mom. I remember the atmosphere being worth it, but the food not. Online reviews say the exact same thing. Well, we were pleasantly (somewhat) surprised.

E got the salad and I got onion rings for the appetizer course. Neither of us liked the salad and didn't touch it beyond the first bite. Both of us dug into the onion rings. They are good … not great, but really good.

For entrée, we both ordered the Angus Chuck burger with cheddar cheese. Again, really good but not great.

Desserts were the winners. E got the sugar-free brownie and ice cream. E says for sugar-free it was good. I got the Oreo cookie milk shake. Yum! I am not a big shake drinker, but I swallowed the entire thing. If I forgot to say it … YUM!

We next tried to get on Toy Story, but the line was 40+ minutes of wait time. My rule is that if the line is any more than 20 minutes, I'll pass. The fast passes weren't even an option. Upon every visit to HS, we found this to be the same scenario time after time. Luckily we rode it last year, and also on our trips to Disneyland.

We were able to ride at lease one thing while at HS (as the options are limited there). The backlot tour. I'm sure the only reason they have this is because Universal has it. Well, they don't need it, in my opinion. It could be A LOT better.

It was time for a nap, so we headed back to POP for a rest.

Back up at 6pm and with 840pm dinner reservations looming, we took off for Epcot. I remembered asking E before we left the room if he had his Key to the World card with him (this is not only the room key, but also his park ticket); he says yes. I ask again when we're in line waiting for our bus to the park, as we had to wait for a long time for 2 handicap scooters to be loaded; he says yes. We get onto the bus, with it starting to roll out of the parking lot; he says yes warily which makes me nervous. He searches and searches and searches … no key. I hold my tongue as I know nothing good would come from me yelling. So, upon reaching Epcot we turn around and get back on another bus to POP. Luckily this is only a 5 minute ride back to the hotel. He runs up to the room and he's back within a few minutes with his key in hand. Whew!

We arrive at Epcot and make a bee-line to France. You've guess it … we're going back to Chefs de France for a dinner, this time.

I order the exact same items … French onion soup, macaroni & cheese, and crème brulee. Again … delicious and wow!

E goes with the lobster bisque, beef tenderloin with black pepper sauce with sides of garlic green beans and gratin potatoes, with dessert of chocolate cake and ice cream. He was in the same food euphoric state I was in.

Les Chefs de France is hands-down the best place to eat in Epcot (according to us).

The total bill was almost $100. And, again, it was only 1 dining credit each.

After dinner, we decided to grab an espresso and café latte at the French patisserie. While there, we decide to grab a few pastries for tomorrows' breakfast. A croissant, napolon, and one other item that I can't remember the name but it looks like a cannoli but it most definitely is not. We were able to use a total of 5 snack credits for these items. There was no problem at all redeeming snack credits for items at this place. All items we had last year and they were fabulous, I SO look forward to digging into them tomorrow morning.

It was around 11pm when we decided to call it a night and headed back to POP. Plan on doing an early morning thing at Magic Kingdom. We'll have to see how that goes!

No comments: